*Guest post by Catherine Perez (@plantbasedrd)*
As an additional "ingredient" to this recipe post, we've partnered with Catherine to turn the power of good flavor into positive community impact - by contributing 5% of sales motivated by this post to a social justice non-profit organization of her choice.
I've decided to dedicate this post and partnership to United We Dream, the largest immigrant youth-led community in the country. Their mission is to create welcoming spaces for young people - regardless of immigration status - to support, engage, and empower them to make their voice heard and win.
Use promo code "DREAMERS" at checkout to voice your support through your purchase, and Loisa will donate 5% of those sales to United We Dream!
Now let's get cooking!
~ Lentil Burgers ~
~ Ingredients ~
- 2 cups cooked lentils (remove as much excess liquid as possible especially if using canned lentils)
- 2/3 cup rolled oats (choose gluten free if needed)
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 3-4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 small onion, roughly chopped
- 3 baby Bella mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari if gluten free
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1/2 tsp Loisa Adobo
- 1 tsp Loisa Sazón
~ Instructions ~
- Set oven to 375F
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse 10-15 times to mix everything together
- Remove lid and scrape down sides
- Now process on low until mixture starts to form a moldable dough consistency
- Divide dough into 6 equal pieces and form them into inch thick patties
- Place patties on a lined baking tray and if desired, brush both sides with a little oil (if oil free just make sure you bake on parchment paper or a non stick surface)
- Place tray in oven and bake for 25 minutes
- With a spatula carefully flip patties and place back in the oven for another 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before handling. Enjoy between burger buns or as a protein patty with dinner bowl.