Recipes for Good: Lentil Burgers
Perfect for plant-based outdoor eating! Enjoy another Latin-inspired recipe by Catherine Perez, continuing our 5% pledge of sales going to United We Dream!
*Guest post by Catherine Perez (@plantbasedrd)*
As an additional "ingredient" to this recipe post, we've partnered with Catherine to turn the power of good flavor into positive community impact - by contributing 5% of sales motivated by this post to a social justice non-profit organization of her choice.
I've decided to dedicate this post and partnership to United We Dream, the largest immigrant youth-led community in the country. Their mission is to create welcoming spaces for young people - regardless of immigration status - to support, engage, and empower them to make their voice heard and win.
Use promo code "DREAMERS" at checkout to voice your support through your purchase, and Loisa will donate 5% of those sales to United We Dream!
Now let's get cooking!
~ Lentil Burgers ~
~ Ingredients ~
- 2 cups cooked lentils (remove as much excess liquid as possible especially if using canned lentils)
- 2/3 cup rolled oats (choose gluten free if needed)
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 3-4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 small onion, roughly chopped
- 3 baby Bella mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari if gluten free
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1/2 tsp Loisa Adobo
- 1 tsp Loisa Sazón
~ Instructions ~
- Set oven to 375F
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse 10-15 times to mix everything together
- Remove lid and scrape down sides
- Now process on low until mixture starts to form a moldable dough consistency
- Divide dough into 6 equal pieces and form them into inch thick patties
- Place patties on a lined baking tray and if desired, brush both sides with a little oil (if oil free just make sure you bake on parchment paper or a non stick surface)
- Place tray in oven and bake for 25 minutes
- With a spatula carefully flip patties and place back in the oven for another 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before handling. Enjoy between burger buns or as a protein patty with dinner bowl.
Don't forget to shop now with code "DREAMERS" to support United We Dream!
Featured ArticlesView All
Chef Yadi & Doña Esperanza's Pernil
Chef Yadi gets in the kitchen with her mother, Doña Esperanza, to cook her family's prized Pernil recipe for the holidays.
Ensalada de Bacalao
Bright and tangy, this classic salted cod ensalada is the perfect healthy side or main dish.