Sazón Mushroom Enchilada Lasagna
What you put in is what you get out with this creative masterpiece!
This cross-cultural dish is an honest to goodness masterpiece. Our advice - put on some music, let the sun in, carve out a few hours in your weekend, and get to work on this intensively rewarding meal that will serve your entire family or yourself all week.
Thank you again Lisa! <3
- 9 8" corn tortillas
- enchilada sauce
- mashed potatoes
- cashew cream
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- breadcrumbs (optional)
- olive oil (optional)
- toasted pumpkin seeds (for garnish)
- sliced scallions (for garnish)
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 jalapeño
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 pasilla chiles (seeds removed, torn into pieces)
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teasponon Mexican oregano
- 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 king oyster mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Loisa Organic Sazón
- Mashed Potatoes
- 2 yukon golds
- plant milk
- vegan butter
- 1 cup raw cashews
- To make the enchilada sauce, chop the onions, jalapeño, garlic and add to a deep pot. Sauté in oil or water until they start to smell fragrant and are softening.
- Tear up the pasilla chiles and discard the stems and seeds add to the pot. Add the coconut sugar, cumin and oregano. Stir to coat the vegetables.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a high simmer and cook until the chiles are soft.
- Let cool a bit and add to the Vitamix or blender. Blend until smooth.
- To make the mushrooms, shred them from root to tip either using your fingers or slicing with a knife.
- Drop the mushrooms into a pot and sprinkle with your Loisa Organic Sazón seasoning. Toss to coat. Cover and cook on medium heat, stirring them a few times, until the mushrooms are cooked. It will look like there are half as many mushrooms.
- To make the mashed potatoes, peel and boil the potatoes until soft. Mash and add enough plant milk and vegan butter to get a smooth, silky consistency.
- To make the cashew cream, add cashews to the Vitamix or blender. Add enough water to just cover the cashews. Blend.
- To make the lasagna, start by cutting 6 tortillas in half and leaving the other 3 whole. You will need one whole one and four halves to cover the surface of the baking dish.
- Dip the first corn tortilla into the sauce and drain off the excess. Place in the bottom of the baking dish. Dip two more into the sauce and cover the bottom of the dish.
- Add the entire batch of mushrooms covering all of the tortillas.
- Dot the mushrooms with a few tablespoons of cashew cream and gently spread it out.
- Dip the next three tortillas (1 whole, 2 cut in half) into the sauce, drain the excess, and create another layer.
- Make a layer of mashed potatoes and top with fresh spinach. Dot with a with a few tablespoons of cashew cream and gently spread it out.
- Dip the remaining tortillas into the sauce and drain the excess and make the top layer. Swirl the top with cashew cream.
- Add a sprinkle of breadcrumbs and a drizzle of oil, if desired.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds and sliced scallions.