*Guest post by Catherine Perez (@plantbasedrd)*
As an additional "ingredient" to this recipe post, we've partnered with Catherine to turn the power of good flavor into positive community impact - by contributing 5% of sales motivated by this post to a social justice non-profit organization of her choice.
I've decided to dedicate this post and partnership to United We Dream, the largest immigrant youth-led community in the country. Their mission is to create welcoming spaces for young people - regardless of immigration status - to support, engage, and empower them to make their voice heard and win.
Use promo code "DREAMERS" at checkout to voice your support through your purchase, and Loisa will donate 5% of those sales to United We Dream!
Now let's get cooking!
~ Lentil Salad ~
~ Ingredients ~
- 1 cup cooked lentils (soaked then cooked or canned)
- Heaping 1/4 tsp Loisa Adobo seasoning (or to taste)
- 1/4 small red onion, diced or minced
- Handful of chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- Juice of one lemon
~ Instructions ~
- In a bowl combine lentils, seasonings, onion, garlic and cilantro
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over top and toss together
- Place in the refrigerator to marinade for at least 30 minutes
- Toss once more and serve. The lemon juice should cut the bit of garlic and onion down, but still make it super flavorful.