Instagram has been a wonderful place for us to join forces with like-minded, flavor-focused, ambitious creators and eaters who believe in the savory power of Latin flavor as much as we do.
That's where we connected with the AMAZING talent that is Catherine Perez (@PlantBasedRD).
Her posts are the perfect blend of education + inspiration + deliciousness and we're proud to have been featured in her daily creations these past few months.
We'll be re-sharing her recipes and posts here on our blog, starting with this duo of Latin-flavored Vegan Pizzas...
~ SAZON CRUSTED VEGGIE-FEST PIZZA ~
What is life without pizza?
I never want to think along those lines. Grateful for this pizza crust I made using some flour and mashed @friedasproduce Stokes purple sweet potatoes. 👌🏽
- I mixed equal parts mashed steamed purple sweet potato and @bobsredmill whole wheat pastry flour (you can use oat flour to make this gluten free)
- For flavor I added 1/4 tsp Loisa Sazon seasoning, 1/2 tsp oregano, and a pinch of salt.
- Using my hands I formed it into a dough ball (I didn’t have to use water for the dough as it was perfectly unsticky, but adjust dough with additional water and flour as needed until your dough turns out).
- I rolled my dough out with a rolling pin and adjusted the edges to make it as round as possible.
- Place crust into oven preheated at 400F and allow to cook for 13-15 minutes. Remove crust from oven and allow to slightly cook then add on toppings.
- I went with @wholefoods low fat marinara sauce as the base and topped with roasted broccoli, thinly sliced brussel sprouts, handful of roasted corn, and a handful of edamame.
- Over top of this I sprinkled about 2 tbsp of @violife_foods_usa vegan cheese.
- Placed this whole pie back in the oven and bake for another 5-8 minutes to help cook the veggies and melt the cheese. 🌽
~ National Pizza Day Adobo Tempeh Special ~
Same dough prep as above, switching out the Loisa Sazon for Loisa Adobo in the crust, plus this special tempeh topping for a twist...
Crispy Crumbled Tempeh:
- Combine 1/3 block of tempeh crumbled, with 2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp maple syrup, 1/4 tsp smoked paprika, 1/4 tsp dried garlic, pinch of fennel seed, 1/4 tsp Loisa Adobo seasoning.
- Stir together and spread on baking sheet
- Allow to crisp in oven at 350F for 7-8 minutes.
- Place aside before adding as topping to pizza