This dish is a special one to us all. There any many details we each choose to follow, and some we don't! That's why we enjoy so much seeing the recipes of others to inspire our own.
PREP TIME: 30 minues
SERVING SIZE: 3 people
Sofrito & Rice
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup, diced Onion
- 1 large Green Bell Pepper
- 3 large Tomatoes
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/3 cup, chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Sazón Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Adobo Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Salt (I use Kosher)
- 1 cup Long Grain Rice
- 1.5 cups Filtered Water
- 15 ounce can Pinto Beans
- 7.5 ounces Filtered Water
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 teaspoons Salt (I use Kosher) 0.5 teaspoon Sazón Seasoning 0.5 teaspoon Adobo Seasoning 0.3 cup Frozen Corn
1. MAKE THE SOFRITO
- Add the olive oil to a large pot and heat to medium-high.
- Next, add the diced onion, chopped green bell pepper and the chopped tomatoes.
- Stir and cook for 4-5 minutes then add the minced garlic, cilantro, salt, the Sazón and Adobo seasonings.
- Stir and cook for a couple of minutes then lower the heat to low
2. START THE BEANS
- In a second pot or skillet with high sides, add one 15- ounce can of pinto beans then fill up half of the can with filtered water and add it to the beans.
- Add two bay leaves, half of the sofrito, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of the Sazón and 1/2 teaspoon of the Adobo seasoning to the beans then turn the heat to medium-low.
- Allow the beans to simmer gently while you make the rice.
3. MAKE THE RICE
- To the pot with the remaining half of the sofrito, add 1 cup of rice and 1.5 cups of water.
- Turn the heat to medium- high, cover the pot and allow the pot to cook until the rice is done. This will take 15-20 minutes.
- Be sure to check and stir the rice after 10 or 15 minutes.
4. FINISH THE BEANS
- To finish the beans, lower the heat to low, stir in the frozen corn, cover and allow the corn to heat through for 4-5 minutes.
- Give it a stir and taste for seasoning.
Serve with fresh chopped cilantro, and enjoy!